The Toddler Program: The Orange Room (12 months to 24 months)
Grow !Learn !Discover ! Toddlers on the Move !
Toddlers are always on the move, excited and exploring the world around them! Toddlers are curiously investigating every nook and cranny of their world. We discover our reflection in the mirror and catch sunbeams on the floor. The classroom provides a fun, safe play environment for personal discovery and adventure. Toddlers have a daily routine that involves many fun activities. Teachers read favorite stories and an array of silly and fun songs help your toddler’s imagination continue to grow. Teachers encourage language development through conversation, story time, and lots of music and singing.
Young Toddler Milestones are:
- Cooperates in playing pat-a-cake * Drinks from cup
- Walks holding on to furniture * Walks alone, toddling
- Stands alone for one minute * Finds hidden object
- Looks at pictures in baby picture book * Initiates words
- Uses pincer grasp, as in picking up raisins
Older Toddlers 18 months – 24 months: When your Toddler has accomplished the Young Toddler Milestones. We encourage your child on the following milestones:
- Can Say 10-30 words * Says own name
- Exploratory play by self * Uses a spoon to eat
- Moves to music * Walks up steps
- Stacks blocks, four high